Monday, September 26, 2016

The best thing that I did for my skin

I don't know about you, but I never had problematic skin until I was in my mid twenties. That's right, I was the girl in high school with glowing clear skin, not a stitch of makeup. As soon as I hit 23, problems started to arise. Blame it on late nights out at the bar, drinking and even later nights at Denny's. I would come home super late er early in the morning and go to bed WITHOUT washing my face. No bueno. I started breaking out like crazy. Not to mention going on and off birth control over the years. All of the extra hormones really jacked up my skin. Even now, at 32 I am still experiencing breakouts like a hormonal 14 year old boy going through puberty. The recent weather changes haven't helped anything either! I've tried it all, from proactive to fancy over the counter products. You name it, I did it. Nothing seemed to be helping. Finally I decided to go back to basics and take the all natural approach and I am sooooo glad that I did. I am happy to report ONE whole month without a single blemish. It's been amazing. I want to share my secret skincare routine with you. It will make your skin glow and your wallet thicker. My whole skincare routine costs under $30.00 The secret ingredients are: Grapeseed oil, witch hazel, and coconut oil.



Step one:
Wash your face with Grapeseed oil and a wash cloth or face scrubber. It gets rid of EVERYTHING. Even water proof mascara and thick eyeliner. I use LA Tourangelle.

Step two:
Tone with a cotton ball and a Few drops of witch hazel. It's refreshing, moisturizing, and smells soooo good. I use Thayers witch hazel aloe vera formula. It's alcohol free and has rose petal in it.

Step three: (which I was so hesitant to try)
Moisturize with Coconut oil. I was nervous about this because I have oily skin but it seriously helps neutralize my natural oils. It's hydrating and smells so delicious. It also helps my makeup go on smoother. A little bit goes a long way with this. I use Viva labs organic extra virgin coconut oil.



I do this both morning and night and have seen a world of a difference in my overall skin texture as well as huge reduction in redness and breakouts. It's been amazing. Don't believe me? You should try it! It will totally change your skin. I'd love to hear your experience. Feel free to comment below.

XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment