Thursday, October 6, 2016

The girl on the train by Paula Hawkins

If you know me at all, you know that I am a total bookworm. My latest favorite is "Girl on the train" by Paula Hawkins. It came out in 2015 and was dubbed a psychological thriller that could be the next "Gone Girl". After hearing that, I knew I had to get my eyeballs on it! It totally did not disappoint. I was hooked by the very first chapter.


Each chapter is told by one of the three leading characters. Rachel, who is a 32 year old alcoholic and sort of dealing err not dealing (aka the drunk blackouts and all) with her divorce from Tom after he left her for another woman (Anna). Rachel is going to be played in the movie version by Emily Blunt. Perfect casting.

Anna who went from mistress to misses (Tom's new wife) who is very happy with life as a new stay at home mom to her perfect daughter. The only thing that isn't picture perfect about her life is the lingering presence of Rachel, the old ex that keeps coming around (drunk) and harassing her family.

And Megan, who is the woman that Rachel sees daily on her train to and from pretending to go to work. Megan is gorgeous and seems to have a beautiful life with a handsome husband that dotes on her left and right. This is the life that Rachel admires until she sees Megan kissing another man.

After a night of heavy drinking, Rachel wakes up bloody and bruised, and can't seem to remember the events of the night. She learns that the top news story of the day is that Megan has gone missing. Rachel becomes obsessed with piecing together the events of the night. How did she get injured? What happened to Megan? Was the secret lover involved? Does Megan's husband know about her affair? Oh the webs we weave!


Oh it's all so good! Definitely worth staying home on a Friday night to keep reading. Which is exactly what I did. Now I have to see the movie. Justin Theroux is cast as well as Emily Blunt. Let's hope the movie stands up as well as the book! I have high hopes.

Have you read the girl on the train yet? Comment below and let me know what you thought!
 XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment