Monday, February 22, 2016

Dirty Dancing

Yesterday my momma took me to see the play "Dirty Dancing" at the Pantages in Hollywood.
I used to watch this movie religiously as a child. I had a pink skirt exactly like baby's and would run around the living room as if I was in dance rehearsals with Johnny Castle preparing for the performance at the Sheldrake..... Issues.


I was so excited to see the play and hoping that Christopher Tierney would live up to the one and only Patrick Swayze. I was also curious to see how Rachel Boone would do as me, err, I mean "Baby" a.k.a. Jennifer Grey.


Rachel Boone was awesome! She captured the innocence of Baby and was awkward and cute at the same time. As soon as Christopher Tierney uttered the first line as Johnny, "You just put your pickle on everybody's plate, college boy, and leave the hard stuff to me." I knew we were in for a treat! He sounded exactly like Patrick and nailed the Swayze walk and attitude. Shout out to Adrienne Walker, who was part of the ensemble cast and had the voice of a powerhouse.


The highlights for me were the scenes when they practiced the lift in the "water" and the sexiest scene "Cry to me" (just like in the movie), she even got the butt grab! But of course the notorious ending was just brilliant. The crowd went wild when Johnny said "Nobody puts baby in a corner". The dancing was absolutely perfect. And the lift, Oh the lift! I can honestly say that I had the time of my life! So much fun.
 
XOXO
 

No comments:

Post a Comment