Sunday, January 19, 2014

The Alchemist - Book Review

A dear friend of mine gifted me "The Alchemist" by Paulo Coelho for my Birthday last year. I've been meaning to share this review with you all and figure now is the perfect time, since we're in the first month of a brand new year.


The Alchemist was first published in 1988 and originally written in Portuguese. It's been translated to over 56 languages without losing it's message. It is an international bestseller. It's sold over 30 million copies making it one of the best selling books in history. It's quickly become one of my favorite books of all time.
The book takes you on a journey throughout Egypt following a young Andalusian Shepherd named Santiago. Santiago has a reoccurring dream of finding treasure and shows just how far he's willing to go to reach his dreams (Literally).


I don't want to spoil the story for you so I'll keep it a secret if Santiago overcomes all obstacles to make his dreams a reality. However, I will share some of my favorite quotes:

“And, when you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it.”  

“There is only one thing that makes a dream impossible to achieve: the fear of failure.”  

“The secret of life, though, is to fall seven times and to get up eight times.”  

I do believe in the power of manifestation. You can achieve anything that you can dream up. The only thing that can ultimately stop you from achieving your dream is yourself. There is such a thing as fate but it can only take you so far. After a certain point it's kind of up to you to make it happen.

Quick shout out to my friend, Serg for sharing this beautiful story of following ones dreams no matter how hard the struggle. Anything is possible!

If you haven't already, get yourself a copy of this powerfully inspiring book and follow your dreams, wherever they take you!

2 comments:

  1. I love this post! and now I'm interested in reading this book .. I am going to go get it ! New year! New energy! New goals!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Such a good read! And interestingly enough perfectly fitting with MLK day! We all have dreams! And we should all be so bold enough to follow them!

      Delete