Monday, January 13, 2014

This is a bag free zone

Starting on January 1st 2014 plastic bags were shunned in L.A. making shopping annoying as hell. As if I don't have enough shit to carry around, now I'm expected to cart around my own shopping totes along with my huge ass Mary Poppins style purse or pay 10 cents extra for a paper bag. How do you think this makes plastic bags feel?


Don't get me wrong, I'm all about recycling, reducing, and reusing. The mere thought of Bette Midler hunting me down for not recycling put the fear in me years ago. I started my own plastic bag collection many moons ago and reuse for bringing lunches to work, picking up dog crap, lining the trash bin in the bathroom, etc..


However, I do think it's tragic that majority of said bags end up in the ocean only to kill birds and turtles. I'm just having myself a temper tantrum and need an outlet to Bitch it out. You should have seen me trying to juggle wine, tampons, and chocolate out of my local grocery store. It wasn't the prettiest of sites. Don't judge me.


I wonder if shoplifting will increase due to the illegalness that has become of plastic bags. No bag? No problem, just put it in your pocket, purse, jacket.... Hmmm I'm sensing a whole other problem arising in the future. Let's save that discussion for another time.

Ahh I feel better now. Thanks for letting me rant. Tell me how are you coping with the loss of bags being provided to you with your purchase? Have you hopped on the bandwagon that is in favor of the prejudice that is plastic? Have you had to make the tough decision to downgrade to the smaller bottle of alcohol because it fits better in your purse? Did you resort to turning into Warren from "Empire Records" and five finger discount yourself a Whitney Houston C.D.? Honestly, I'd love to hear it!

No comments:

Post a Comment