Sunday, January 24, 2016

DIY Nightstand from Ikea for under $50

I decided to redo my bedroom. I was on the hunt for a really cool turquoise, shabby chic nightstand. I found several for over $300. I thought to myself, self, you can MAKE that for cheaper. So that's what I did! I made it for only $50.00



I headed over to Ikea.com and found THIS nightstand by Tarva for only $39.00. It took 3 hours of my life to build but was well worth it! Once assembled, I was ready to paint.
I get majority of my crafts and paints from JoAnn's. My favorite brand for paint is Americana. I chose "Spa Blue" I bought 6 2 oz. bottles for $1.50 each (and had several bottles left over).
 
Then I just got to painting. I painted 2 coats of the Spa blue. I wanted it to look a little worn and undone, so I did not gloss over after the blue paint dried.
 
The results:
 
 
The perfect little turquoise nightstand for under $50.
 
XOXO
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment