Sunday, January 3, 2016

Homemade blackhead banisher- Does it work?

The beginning of this month kicked off with me confined to my bed with a nasty cold. Bah humbug! (Which explains the lack of posts). Anyway, you know how when you're stuck in bed, sick with a cold, all you can do is think about how much you need to do and how you don't have any energy to do it?! Well, that was me. I was scrolling through Pinterest when I saw a homemade blackhead banishing mask. I thought to myself, self, you need to do this! I may have not been able to banish my sickness, but I was determined to banish my blackheads and to have clean pores dammit! I followed the exact recipe and instructions below:

Ingredients:
1 teaspoon of  hot water
1 tablespoon of flour
1/2 teaspoon of honey

Mix above in a bowl. The mixture has a sticky consistency. Take a piece of paper or a post-it (legit, a piece of paper or post-it!) Apply mixture on one side, stick strip of paper to your nose, chin, or forehead and leave for 10-15 minutes. When mixture is dry, remove and you will have removed all blackheads as well.

 
I really should have cut the paper smaller because I look like some kind of sickly duck.
 
After waiting the 15 minutes, I removed the paper and..... didn't see jack shit of a change in my skin. There were still blackheads on my face and there weren't any on the paper. Complete waste of time. But I will say that the honey did make my skin feel a heck of a lot softer. Silver lining! I think from now on I'll just stick to honey in my tea and throw on some makeup. Problem solved!
 
 
I encourage you to try to mask yourself, maybe you'll have different results. Feel free to share your experience in the comments below!
xoxo
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment