Friday, May 16, 2014

Dear Blacklist, I can't quit you

The Blacklist to me is what Heath Ledger is to Jake Gyllenhaal, I can't quit it! I'm so obsessed with the show and the characters. We all remember James Spader as the villain in 80's movies that likes to lean up against walls while propping one leg up... Well he hasn't changed much, except now he's traded his signature lean for fancy suits and fedoras. He's still got that smirk though. I can't help but love him as 'Raymond 'Red' Reddington'.


Then there's Tom Keen. Married to newbie FBI Agent Keen. Is he good or is he bad? The mystery has even prompted hashtags #whoisTomKeen . Let me just say that I've never known someone to 'do his job' so well. I'm not so sure which side Tom is on but I do know for sure that the man can rock a pair of glasses like no other. Yummy.

 
I'm even developing a fondness for FBI Special Agent 'Donald Ressler' played by Diego Klattenhoff. I don't normally develop affection for Gingers but with a name like that, who wouldn't? I want him to be Agent Keen's hero baby a la Enrique Iglesias.

 
It's safe to say That I am equally in love with all of the main male characters on the show. Let's not forget the lucky doe eyed Bambi in the center of it all. The innocent Agent Elizabeth Keen. I forgive her for her terrible hair extensions because the girl has got the best skin ever. Like porcelain! Outstanding considering all of the stress her character has been put through. You glow girl!


Can I just say that it seems like just about every episode has that OMG factor?! The season finale didn't disappoint. I don't want to give anything away for those not yet caught up but let me just say: Throat slit, Strangulation, Shooting in the stomach; He's so not dead, The Stewmaker photo tie in, and Fire scars. Catch my drift? For those of you who are not picking up on what I'm putting down, you NEED to start watching this show. You have plenty of time to do so. The second season isn't scheduled to start until mid November (tear). It might trigger some heart pumping anxiety but I promise you it's for your own good. I even convinced my best friend, Sara to start watching it (on her honeymoon none the less). You're welcome John!

Fellow Blacklisters, what are your thoughts on the season finale? Feel free to comment below!





13 comments:

  1. I think I need to start watching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm... I'd never even heard of this show! Thanks for letting me know about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that show! I have the last two episodes on my DVR.. oh and did you know that Agent Ginger is Regina's boy toy in Mean Girls?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG! haha, I just googled it and came across the funniest picture! I would love if they incorporated "You can't sit with us" or "On Wednesdays we wear pink" into the show, but I doubt that would ever happen!

      Delete
  4. The finale was jaw dropped fist pumping fun x
    I love red because his beautifully mean lol and he just makes me laugh! Did you ever see him in Boston legal?? He was super duper lawyer who did insane things in court room lol x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Never watched Boston Legal. But I've heard of his antics. I think he's brilliant!

      Delete
  5. I've never heard of this show either!

    ReplyDelete
  6. NEED to start watching but we are just in season 3 of Game of Thrones so that is taking all our TV watching time :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeah, I am among your readers who have never seen the show. It isn't for any other reason that I jut haven't had time for any new shows. Seems like a great who though - I love a little mystery & action!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am going to check this out - I love finding new series to get addicted to!

    thriftyfirecracker.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  9. Haven't heard about this show, but love anything detective related. Going on the list!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just love James Spader from Boston Legal. I'll watch anything he's in!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have been seeing commercials for this. And now I want to watch ASAP!

    ReplyDelete