Wednesday, May 21, 2014

What the What? - Thanks a lot Pinterest

With temperatures soaring well into the 90's in Southern California in recent days, It's time to bust out the sandals. With sandals comes the necessity of pedicured toes. I consider myself to be a pretty crafty gal. I'm a painter for Heaven's sake. My creativity along with the positive feedback from one of my first blog posts, D.I.Y. Leopard print pedicure inspired me to get all artsy on my toes. And well, things didn't exactly go as planned. My apologies in advance for what you are about to see.

I looked up ideas on pinterest and found a photo of hot pink toes with splashes of white and silver glitter. If you've seen my line, StarrJoy16, then you should be well aware that I enjoy me some splatter paint along with some glitter!

I started with OPI's 'THATS BERRY DARING' and let fully dry:


Next I dipped a toothpick in BRUCCI's 'HEAVANLY WHITE' and NYC's Fast Dry Silver and splashed along each side of each toenail (applying from outward to inward). Topped some wet n wild - wild shine glitter over the silver and voila:

 
And in case you need it, Here's a close-up of the chaos:
 
 
 
 
No, there's nothing wrong with your screen, that's as good as it gets, folks! I'm still not sure what exactly I think of this look so I'm just gonna say What the What?! Thanks a lot Pinterest! (take that with a dash of sarcasm if you wish).
 
So if you're feeling 'Daring' and 'Wild' (get it?! a pun based on the polish colors), pick up these ditties and get your glitter on!
 
 
 Are you ready for pedicure season?! I'd love to hear your comments on Pinterest experiences gone not as exactly as planned. Feel free to share below.
 
XOXO
 
 
 
 

11 comments:

  1. Wow they look really good, I am impressed because mine never get to look that good when I do them x

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute!!! I don't have the patience to do things like that hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  3. No one looks that closely at toes anyway, from a distance they look awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. From a distance they look fantastic - no one looks that closely at toes anyway :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha maybe no one will notice? That's hilarious. I do things like this all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like em. No one will look too close at the toes! I love the color.

    ReplyDelete
  7. cute! and yes it has been so hot in CA! I'm dying!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can barely keep one color on my toes, much less a design! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the colors you chose and such a fun idea with the splattered paint look!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have no patience to do fun designs, but yours look bomb!

    ReplyDelete