Wednesday, May 7, 2014

The Broccoli Festival

Over the weekend, a few of my friends and I decided to attend the Broccoli Festival downtown. The festival was to promote healthy living along with some art and good old music. I'm a fan of leafy greens with a side of beer, so I was in. I was ready to get my Salad on!

We decided to be proactive in going green and took the metro downtown. It was my first time! I was a little disappointed that it was nothing like what you see on an episode of "Law and Order" but I did feel like a City girl.
 
Once arriving in Downtown Los Angeles, we did what any normal group of people would do before heading to a health fest, we hit up a hotdog stand! Mmm Bacon!
 
 
With our stomachs full, we were ready to head to the main event. Bring on the Broccoli! Unfortunately we were the only ones on board. Upon arrival, the people were sparse, tents were still being set up nearly an hour after the start time, and the food trucks were out of order.Thanks for not judging me on my earlier decision to inhale a hotdog. Just when it seemed like the destiny of the day was wilting like a piece of lettuce, Amanda and I found a really large chair. High fives for high chairs!
 
 
The novelty of the chair did start to wear off. After being in 90 degree heat without any alcohol and watching my friend bruise herself on a stripper pole, I was ready for a detour. Justin and I headed to L.A. Live while Amanda braved an art project. She later lost these records after carting them around the entire day. Let's all just take a moment to appreciate this candid.


Shortly thereafter, the gang was reunited and it felt so good! It was our waiter's birthday, so of course we serenaded him with a lively rendition of "Happy Birthday" and celebrated by playing "Truth, Drink, or Dare". He giddily told us we were the only one's who sang to him (shocker). I'm pretty sure it was the best day of his life.

Next we headed over to Casey's Irish Pub where yes, I continued to drink Margaritas! When in Rome, right?! We put our game faces on and started playing Darts and Ping Pong. We met a crew who looked like they were going to break into "Hey Brother" by Avicii  at any given moment. Either that or they were the missing members of O Brother, Where Art Thou? I can't decide.

After many a rounds of both drinks and games, we crowned ourselves the ultimate ping pong champions and were ready to head on home. Back to the Metro, where we found ourselves starting a new trend: Metro Yoga, which I believe was the healthiest part of the entire broccoli festival. Success!


                                                                            XOXO

2 comments:

  1. RIP : SPINNING RECORDS!! NOW I'LL NEVER BE A DJ!! BACK TO SPICE GIRLS AND 90's TV THEME SONGS I GO! BROCOLLI WAS A BUST BUT METRO YOGA IS A MUST!!! GREAT SATURDAY WAS HAD!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You always have your label. Not to worry! I'm sure you'll get another opportunity! As for Metro Yoga, we already have our first fan!
      xoxo

      Delete