Monday, September 30, 2013

Summer is officially over...

...but that doesn't mean that my tan has to be.

I am naturally White. Pale. Fair. Porcelain skinned. Ghostly, Ok not THAT white, but I have light skin. I am of English and French descent, after all. The grass is always greener. I wasn't born a golden, bronzed goddess, but I sure can fake it!

A healthy 20 minutes in the sun is an excellent source of Vitamin D. But I am against heavy duty tanning and sun worshiping. I don't have the time or the desire to bake myself like a piece of rotisserie chicken. Besides, I prefer the leather look to be worn in the form of a jacket or a handbag, and not as my actual skin. - Eww!  Don't even get me started on tanning beds. Bad bad bad. I had a horrible experience as a teenager and was burned and peeled like a bad potato. Never again, thank you!

I prefer to get my glowing tan in the form of self tanner. I've tried a bunch of different brands and kinds. My all time favorite is Banana Boat's Summer Color Self-Tanning Lotion in Deep Dark Color. Yes, in Deep Dark Color, it's not too dark for my pale skin. It really is natural-looking and doesn't leave streaks or turn me into an oompa-loompa. Color starts to show about 3 hours after applying and the best part, it lasts for DAYS! With this tanner, you can continue to reapply and darken for a year-round tan or use it as the perfect remedy to a last minute event when you want to get your glow on. 




Bonus-It's also oil free and doesn't smell funky like some of the other self tanners out there. It contains Aloe Vera and Vitamin E for hydration. Seriously, I can't say enough good things about Banana Boat's self tanner. It will leave you looking, smelling, and feeling like you've been relaxing on the beach drinking a Mai Tai. Have you tried it yet?

1 comment:

  1. this is one of the best recommendations you ever gave me.. I use it all the time.. well not all the time but anytime shorts are involved . It's my go to! and I tell everyone about it!

    ReplyDelete