Monday, June 23, 2014

Stronger by Jeff Bauman - Book Review

My family is from Boston. Majority of my family pronounce my name (Starr) like "Stahhh". There's a love and a sense of family when it comes to Boston. It's a wicked good place if I ever knew one. The tightknit community was rattled with the tragedy of the Boston Marathon bombings in 2013.
My cousin was supposed to participate in the marathon but had a change of plans. Nonetheless, she, along with the rest of the community took the Boston Marathon bombing very hard. 


If you remember, The Boston Marathon Bombings and following related shootings were a series of
attacks and incidents which began on April 15, 2013, when two pressure cooker bombs exploded during the Marathon at 2:49 pm, killing 3 people and injuring an estimated 264 others. The bombs exploded about 12 seconds and 210 yards apart, near the finish line on Boylston Street. It only took a matter of seconds to change countless lives forever.


Jeff Bauman was waiting on the sidelines and cheering for his girlfriend who was running in the marathon. He saw the bomber and later helped identify him. Jeff lost both of his legs in the attack and recounts his personal struggle with dealing with becoming an amputee. His brave battle had me in tears every other chapter. He speaks with such genuine heart that is truly inspiring. Jeff Bauman is a hero (even though he absolutely hates being called that). His story touched me so much. I highly recommend it to anyone looking for a positive boost. I found the story to be motivational and uplifting. A light can't shine without darkness. And Jeff is a true star. Jeff Bauman is stronger.

                             What are you reading this summer? Feel free to share and comment below.
                                                                              XOXO






18 comments:

  1. This sounds like a great book! I have a lot of family in the Boston area, and I know how tight-knit that community is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was and am still is very hard and emotional experience for Boston. Sounds like this book is a great read x

    ReplyDelete
  3. sounds like a good read! :) i think my friend would really appreciate this. she lives in boston and felt deeply affected by the bombing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness, wow... what a book! I wanna read it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sound like a gripping and emotional read! I may have to add it to my reading list :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow...this sounds like such a good read. I went to school north of boston, up in Wenham, and my boyfriend now goes to Berklee, so I get to visit a lot and love that city. I remember watching the entire manhunt for the bombers last year on tv...even though i'm not a born and bread bostonian, it was hard not to feel connected to it all!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Boston accents are my favorite! I'm not reading anything right now, not much time for sitting and reading now that my princess is on the move!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow. Definitely adding this to my list!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great book! Added to my list for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Definitely adding this to my list. I love conquering the odds stories.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like it's going to be a great read - definitely adding to my list! <3

    ReplyDelete
  12. Going to get it on my Kindle ASAP!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a cool book. Thanks for the review.

    ReplyDelete