Monday, June 2, 2014

Currently obsessed with....

My totally awesome River Phoenix tee from chictee and oversized cat eye sunglasses from she vamps.



Those who know me well, know that I have a fairly healthy obsession and love affair going on with Joaquin Phoenix in my mind. He's twisted and tortured and all sorts of wrong but I've loved him and his hair lip for well over 15 years now. It was love at first sight ever since I saw him in 1997's Inventing the Abbotts. I even supported him through his fake rap career. Any Joaquin fan knows that River Phoenix was his insanely good-looking and equally talented older brother. River stared in such classics as 'Stand By Me' and 'My own private Idaho'  and with recent news that his final film 'Dark Blood' is being released after more than 20 years I had to get this tee and start representing. T-shirt retails for $18.00

 
 
These shades are retro, huge and only $20.73. You can't go wrong. I'm obsessed.
I also paired my River t-shirt with basic jean cutoff shorts that you can get anywhere but I got mine from Wet Seal as well as my flower slip on sneakers that I got for $12.50 at Charlotte Russe and topped the look off with a hot pink bandana and Hamsa necklace from my line, StarrJoy16 that retails for $8.00

                          And there you have it! I'm totally obsessed with this outfit. Perfect for a  
                                               relaxing weekend and totally California cool.

                                                                             XOXO

23 comments:

  1. "twisted and tortured and all sorts of wrong" - today's winner of Best Turn of Phrase of the Day. I loved River's work - I'll always wonder what he could have achieved if he had lived.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha, thank you! I ramble and that's what came out! Perfect description, no?!

      Delete
  2. I love those sunglasses! They are so fun and look great on you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your currently post. Love the necklace x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your curls! How do you do them?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fabulous idea! Hair tutorial coming soon :)

      Delete
  5. Yep, hair tutorial please! Beautiful beachy waves. Loving those glasses, and the shirt, and the shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That necklace is really cute! It's a great outfit :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. SO cute! I love that bandanna!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great outfit! I need to get some of these items!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stand By Me is one of my two all time favorite movies! And I'm obsessed with that shirt!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh yes, that tee shirt is great. And I love the necklace!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are so much more daring that I am with your fashion, but you look stunning so it pays off. :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! One of the best pieces of advice I ever got was just start wearing it... no one will ever know if you're a risk-taker or if you've been dressing that way forever!

      Delete
  12. Sunglasses for the win! So cute.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks so much! You all are so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those sunglasses look amazing on you!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Obsessed with those glasses! You rock them!

    ReplyDelete